Our business model
Our business model – aims and objectives
- One of the few UK leading integrated developers and operators of high quality student accommodation.
- A proven track record of successfully owning, developing and operating student accommodation.
- Our UK wide operational management activities inform our site acquisition and development activities.
- We work as a developer with investors on a forward funding and sale or development management basis.
- Aiming to de-risk the development process by underwriting the investment asset’s future performance.
- We manage the whole process from site identification to on-going management.
- We aim to expand our operational portfolio and build upon our operational platform both with existing investors and by establishing new clients.
- Access to quality opportunities.
- Market studies on local student demand.
- Relationships with local Universities and key professionals within each location.
- In-house development appraisal capability to establish viability.
- Use of option agreements with landowners.
- Acquisition due diligence and risk analysis.
- Purchase of site, subject to planning (or otherwise).
Design & planning
- Proven ability to secure appropriate planning permission and deliver designs that amplify site potential.
- Established network of design and professional consultants needed to achieve planning and development delivery.
- Relationships with local universities and planning authorities.
Procurement & delivery
- Undertake detailed design and development management role.
- Optimise the design for maximum operational efficiency and revenue generating opportunities.
- Management of competitive tender process.
- Well-proven in-house development and procurement skills.
Funding, joint ventures & third party deals
- Growing the business and expanding activities with third party equity.
- Well-proven, practical documentation and acceptable fee, incentive and profit sharing arrangements, aimed at aligning interests and boosting investor returns.
Setup, mobilisation & marketing
- Location specific management team.
- Responsible for hiring and training all staff, including third party contractors.
- Design and implement best in class processes and procedures.
- Whilst adopting a direct letting strategy, short lease/nomination agreements will be investigated with universities and higher education authorities.
- Develop and implement a pricing plan and marketing strategy, including open day presentations and targeted literature.
- Implement online marketing strategy using the existing ‘Host’ online platform.
- Manage all lettings.
- Drive NOI through cost optimisation and revenue maximisation.
- Predicted occupancy of over 95% in the first year of operation. Aiming for high early occupancy in advance of each student academic year.
- We supervise day-to-day management including security, health and safety, cleaning, heating, porterage, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service, student welfare and pastoral care.
- Optimise utilities procurement and supply chain management.
- Provide a full facilities and property management service. Maintaining the property both internally and externally.
- Provide all necessary accounting and administrative services.
- Identify and implement asset-enhancing opportunities.
Host is the student-facing brand of Victoria Hall Management Ltd. Providing students with hassle-free, all-inclusive accommodation, alongside a welcoming, reassuring and stress-free experience. Designed to make a student’s time at university or college the best it can be.Visit Host